Social Media

Monday, August 4, 2014

Articulate eLearning Hero's Challenge #45

On Friday the Articulate's eLearning Hero Challenges administered task #45 and asked to share your audio recording setup and provide tips.  Here is my response.  Let me know in the comments if you participate in these challenges and leave a link to your submissions and I will check them out.

Tell us about your recording setup.

  • I use a Logitech headset that was provided to me by my company. 
  • I create my scripts in Word or email them to myself. 
  • I record directly into Camtasia and then edit in Camtasia as well. 
  • I am unable to use my cubicle because I'm in an open area so I usually use a conference room to record in. My company is talking about dedicating a media room for audio and video production but it's not an immediate change.
Show us your audio setup.


Share your three favorite audio recording tips.

  1. Use concise and relate-able wording with emotion and emphasis (bold/italic) when needed
  2. Read through your script until there is a level of comfort and to check for any potential slip up areas
  3. Smile and/or record to someone (I usually have a screen shot of my kids up)

See a full list of tips in my post called How to Make Audio More Than Just Noise

and

Check out my thread in the LinkedIn group Instructional Designers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!